Come and join a wonderful team of volunteers and staff at the Gateway community café for the role of General Volunteer.
At the Gateway we offer a range of reasonably priced food for the local community and we are in need of a volunteer that would kindly give some time to help in the Gateway Cafe. This is an unpaid role, however we do offer support with training, development and support. You will ideally have good customer service experience in a front of house setting, however training can be given.
- Valued work experience and ability to fill in the gaps of unemployment.
- References for future work etc.
- Personal growth and training.
- Making a difference to the community.
- Working with a wide range of people.
There are many benefits in volunteering and we want you to make the best of your own personal goals within this community scheme like; training, personal development, socializing to name but a few.
- Excellent customer and communication skills.
- Ability to ensure the smooth running of a Reception/Community Café Area including keeping it clean and tidy.
- Welcoming visitors and direct them to; sign in/out book, to laptops, telephone and appropriate contact for support.
- Ability to deal with customer enquiries and signpost where necessary.
- Have Health & Safety experience or a willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of using a photocopier/scanner/printer would be useful.
- A good team player that will uphold the values of GL Communities.