Come and join a wonderful team of volunteers and staff at the Gateway community café for the role of Kitchen Assistants.
At the Gateway we offer a range of reasonably priced food for the local community and we are in need of volunteers that would kindly give some time to help in the kitchen at the Gateway. This is an unpaid role, however we do offer support with training, development and support. You will ideally have kitchen experience however training can be given. Food hygiene training can provided for those that don’t have it already.
- Valued work experience and ability to fill in the gaps of unemployment.
- References for future work etc.
- Personal growth and training.
- Making a difference to the community.
- Working with a wide range of people.
There are many benefits in volunteering and we want you to make the best of your own personal goals within this community scheme like; training, personal development, socializing to name but a few.
- Customer service skills
- Catering experience or willingness to learn.
- Experience working with people with a variety of abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.