Debt Free South West (previously known as Money Advice West) is the South West’s leading independent free debt advice partnership. We have helped over 6,000 people per year who face poverty and debt issues. The partnership has been in place for over 13 years and our advisers help clients with all types of money worries from rent and council tax arrears to credit card and water debts. We work with clients to prioritise their debts, contact creditors, and represent the client in negotiations with bailiffs.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are expecting a large increase in demand for debt advice and so we are recruiting a Money Advice Assistant into the free debt advice sector to work with our team of Advisers at GL Communities. This is a great opportunity for you to have a career where you can make a real difference to people’s lives.
Key Experience and Skills
To learn how to provide advice to over indebted clients that is accurate, effective, and tailored to the individual’s circumstances, we will offer:
- Money & Pensions Service training
- Skills training from Debt Free South West
- Ongoing support from supervisors
To learn from experienced Debt Advisers and Supervisors, we will offer the opportunity to:
- Provide quality debt advice support
- Ensure all work meets the quality requirements of the funder
- Ensure all case records are written up in a timely manner
To contribute to the team
- Work to an agreed training plan
- Be an active member of the team
- Compliance with policies and procedures of your employing organisation
For an application pack or to find out more please email: Sue Cunningham CEO on email@example.com
CVs and covering letters are not accepted so please contact us for an application pack.
|Reports to||Sue Cunningham|
|Contract Term||12 Months|
|Salary||£18,000-£20,000 - depending on levels of experience|